And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Driving

DH finally admitted that his driving edge has become less acute. There are times that he scares me when he is driving. He pulls too far forward at stop signs and red lights. He drives too close to the white or yellow lines. He follows too close. All of these can cause a disaster but he is trying and for that I give him a 10.

Surgery for myself is coming closer. Yesterday I asked DH to list the things that he felt needed to be completed around the house before I go to the hospital. He had a very good list at the end of the day. I almost completed one of his items. There has been a box of books in our master bedroom since the carpeting was cleaned. Last night I put most of the books away. Tonight I will complete the task. When I say books I mean close to 250 books. My endurance is not great now so I am taking my time but sticking to it until I give up or finish.

Please continue to pray for all dementia and Alzheimer's patients, their care givers, families and friends. God bless you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hello. I just discovered your blog today. I am a psychology professor and I am writing a book on friendship and dementia. I read your post about how your quilt group friends abandoned you. Have they come back? How about your husband's friends? Have they kept in contact with you in ways that are helpful and supportive? I know how difficult and challenging it is to care for someone with Alzheimer's. If you'd like to be in touch with me, feel free. All the best to you, Susan

lenoirdenantes said...

My quilt group has continued to ignore me. We have increased support from family members over the last few weeks and for that I am grateful. Karen