And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another journey to the neurologist

DH has been seeing a neurologist for his dementia. Today he is going to see the same doctor for his migraine headaches. The family doctor feels that he can no longer treat DH for the headaches. In my mind this is a positive move. DH didn't even complain about going to see this doctor. (He doesn't like him because he says DH has dementia and DH is in denial.)

I think we are going to a different stage of dementia. I don't know enough about the disease to be sure and need to do some research. DH is having episodes of extreme anger about minor/stupid things. Either this is caused by the migraine (5 weeks in duration) or the dementia. I will have to play this one out a day at a time. Now I understand why the dogs disappear into the basement the minute DH starts with his anger. I believe that it should become an indicator to me that I need to leave the living room at the same time. The only problem is I have to come up with a minor reason to leave...the dogs can just go and not have to explain. VBG.

Please keep praying for patients with dementia and their extended family and friends.

1 comment:

no1daughteroflewydad said...

Hello,

It must be very disturbing for you to see your hubby getting angry. I hope it's not extreme where you are frightened. My Dad has dementia but thank goodness he hasn't displayed very much anger.
My neighbours have offered that if I ever need them to go and get them. Do you have a neighbour who you could call on if your hubbies anger became dangerous for you. I truly hope that this never eventuates.

Plus I hope you don't mind but I linked you to my blog...'Lewy Body Dementia, Dad and me'.

I send you lots of best wishes and my thoughts are with you.