And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One Day at a Time

MIL is settling in at the nursing home. We went to visit last night through a snow storm that dumped 8 inches of snow. Between 4:00 and 6:00 PM we got 4" and driving was a nightmare. DH did a great job driving from our house to MIL and back. We talked about the storm and her doctor's appointment tomorrow. I think she was hoping that it would be cancelled but the roads are getting the attention they need.

DH is in rare form. He is driving me nuts with questions that have one answer, "I don't know.". Then he says that he wants my opinion. I still don't know. This is something that hasn't happened for a long time and is entirely in character. Even though I am going crazy I am glad that he is in rare form.

I forgot to mention that at our guild meeting last night one of the members showed two small quilts at show and tell. They are for the Alzheimer's Quilt Initiative that Ami Simms has established. The member mentioned that her father had just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. My prayers go out to her and her father. They are starting down a difficult path, but I know that she will get through it. She is taking every step as they come along with courage and faith.

Please keep praying for all dementia patients and their families, friends and caregivers.

No comments: