And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Moving Mother in Law

MIL is moved into the Nursing Home. She is angry. She likes the food. She is talking to us. She complains about every little thing. We have visited her every day and she always has one item or more to complain about. We deal with it. We do not argue about it. We try to fix it.

I now have two to take care of.

DH was fantastic this weekend. He worked so hard to move MIL and all her belongings. My daughter from my first marriage and her husband helped with the move on Saturday. Even with the bad weather earlier in the week we got everything out of the apartment and emptied the trailer in time to turn it in Sunday at 4:00. AND No one got hurt or bruised or fell in the icy snow. A blessed miracle!

DH is going down today to check out everything and this should be his last trip. Of course it is supposed to snow between 1 and 4" today. Hope that he travels easy and safe.

DH is showing limited signs of dementia. Only occasional short term memory problems. I am so blessed.

Last night I attended my quilt guild for the first time since November. At that time DH was still in the rehab center. My former friends in guild ignored me. In fact I said hello to one and she just walked passed me. They all gathered in a corner near the membership and name tag table. Maybe the guild is ignoring them the way they are ignoring me. What goes around comes around. I would never treat a worm the way they treated me.

I know that some will believe what I next say is a lie, but I would never wish any harm to them, I would never wish they have to go through a devastating life change like mine and I will never attempt revenge on them. They were my friends. They are now people that I know but do not wish to associate with. I will be polite and keep my distance. I just want them to be polite and leave me alone.

Thank you for all your prayers over the last months. Please continue to pray for all dementia patients and their families.

No comments: