And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ask for help

Last night was even worse. We almost didn't make it into the bedroom and then I had to totally undress DH and put him in bed. He was not really able to communicate when I got him in bed and I almost called 911.

This morning I had to dress him, wash his face and oversee his breakfast and pills. I have been crying ever since.

I just called our doctor and they are going to see about getting more help for me. Adult day care is a possibility, but getting DH out of the house may be more than I can physically do. My right knee is getting worse every day, but I cannot have surgery at this time.

My MIL called last night and was very upset. She asked what is wrong with Jimmy. I told her he was having a bad day and it was caused by the dementia. She was crying.

Pray for all of us. We need every prayer you can make, please.

No comments: