And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow and sleet and freezing rain then snow again

The Cincinnati area has been blasted by Mother Nature. We along with many others in the Midwest are dealing with unbelievable road conditions and many are without power. We have been fortunate. We have power, I can get to work and MIL has power. I cannot ask for anything more.

Yesterday DH was working trying to get the cars loose from all the snow etc. Our neighbor came over and helped. What a blessing neighbors are. We live in a community that is all working couples and don't get to know each other very well. But each of us tries to help out when we can.

DH is worrying about all the things that can go wrong this weekend with the move for his mother. I keep trying to encourage him so that he will only have expectations for the best. No I am not Pollyanna. But I know that I feel better if I look at the bright side of things and that I get clinically depressed if I only think about what bad things can happen. The Lord tells us not to worry and that He will take care of us. I have to lean on that promise and try to walk the path He wants me on.

In a way I think that God is trying to help DH heal from all the illness of the past two years. Snow is a way to heal, you ask! Getting him out of his chair and moving around is a blessing. I don't want a "couch potato" to come home to but a husband who has done things during the day and feels good about himself. Working on a car, working in the yard, and working in the garage are all things that lead to positive feelings and I do try to encourage him.

Please continue your prayers for all dementia patients and their friends.

No comments: