And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thank you

The comment on the previous blog was a much needed reminder. As spouse and caregiver it is very easy to get angry at DH when the symptoms of his illnes frustrate me. Another blogger suggested I go into a different room and count to 10 or 100 or what ever I need so that I can be supportive when my DH needs help.

Thank you dear friend.

DH was up to his old tricks last night. The was a movie that I wanted to watch and he said he had already seen it and didn't want to watch it. I really wanted to see it and didn't change the TV channel. DH got angry and stomped out of the living room and went to bed. That was fine with me. I read until 1:45 am and then went to bed. This morning I am exhausted, but working as best I can. Before I left for work I told DH that if it happened in the future I would leave the living room and watch what I wanted on a different TV. This kills three birds with one stone. 1) I get to watch what I want. 2) He cannot get angry with me and flounce out of the living room. 3) I won't get angry at him by exiting the room and watching the program of my choice. This is the best of all worlds. We are both in a win/win situation. Why oh why didn't I think of this before?????

Please continue to pray for all dementia patients, their families, friends and caregivers. I really need it and I know that they do too.

No comments: