And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another great day

Today I drove myself to work. DH had an appointment on the east side of Cincinnati at 8:00 am and there was no way he could make the appointment on time after dropping me off at work. It was a long cold walk into the office and I am in the first lot because of a handicapped sticker on my car. 13 is just too cold for this slow walker.

When I got to work he asked me to call and then reassured me that I didn't have to drive to work every day until I really felt like it. Boy I would love to take advantage of that offer and never drive to work again. But...that is lazy and taking advantage of him. It would show him that one car will work for both of us, but at what expense? I think I had better plan on driving myself as soon as I am really ready to do it regularly.

He has really stepped up to the plate to become my caregiver. I will never be able to say thank you enough to him. There have been a few moments when we didn't see eye to eye, but that is typical of any marriage. We iron them out and go forward.

We go to see DH neurologist next Tuesday. I think he will see little if any change for the worse. Maybe we can go back to once every three months for visits. I surely hope so and I an certain DH would like it too.

Bless all of you who are praying for dementia patients and their extended families.

No comments: