And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Monday, November 10, 2008

DH is home!!!!!

I picked up DH on Friday morning and brought him home. His stamina is still lacking, however he is getting better each day. The rehab facility changed and deleted several of his meds. We are seeing the primary care physician today and will try to get the rest that are needed added back into his daily meds. For now I am following the list the hospital gave us.

Yesterday the intake nurse for the visiting nurses came by to interview DH. He too had a bad experience with the first rehab facility. It seems that this is not the first time a nurse on their staff has been caught stealing medications that have a street value. I doubt that they will act on this, but it may cause some real intent watching by the Cincinnati police.

I really have my husband back! He is alert and awake all day long. No naps. What a difference. He still has some very light symptoms of dementia. I believe that the diagnosis of dementia is still appropriate, but I will have him much longer than I thought. Most of this year I thought I would be a widow before spring of 2009. Now I think I will have a husband that is coherent and involved for a much longer time. This is a celebration of life!

I still ask for prayers for all dementia patients, their families and care givers. I have seen in my own life the miracle of prayers and want it for the others who deal with this disease. Thank you.

No comments: