And now may the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

And may God grant unto you His peace-in your going out and in your coming in,

In your lying down and in your rising up,

In your labor and in your leisure,

In your laughter and in your tears,

Until you come to stand before Jesus

In that day in which there is no sunset and no dawning.

Amen

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Minor temper tantrum

DH had a minor fit of anger yesterday when the Buick would not start. He said to sell the **** thing. Of course this morning he was full of ideas on how to fix the problems. This is the man I married 14 years ago. Angry one minute and fixing the problem the next. I have learned to ignore the anger and wait for the calm after the storm. Actually the anger is nice. For the last two years he didn't really have any temper tantrums. Yes, he was angry, but there was no specific subject for the anger.

I know you think I am crazy, but the normal from before this all started is something I am used to. My father was exactly the same way and sometimes (more often than I like to admit) I am too. If it doesn't work get angry. NOW THIS MAKES NO SENSE. Blame it on being too close to my father. I loved and idealized him. He wasn't always right, but back then I was a child that only imitated. Now as an adult I realize it isn't right. When I am scared I get angry and hit out at everything and everyone. There is no excuse for it, but it has been the way I handled things from childhood. I do try to stop before it gets bad but sometimes it still slips out and then I have to be ashamed of myself.

We are having two Thanksgiving dinners this year. Tomorrow we are spending the afternoon with my MIL and will have country ham, biscuits and gravy. I am providing the food. Thursday we are spending the afternoon with out Teresa, John and Jeremy. I will be bringing homemade dinner rolls and deviled eggs. We are going to share the cost of a Honey Baked Turkey. Wow, what a dinner with the other menu items that Teresa will make.

I hope everyone who is American will have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

Thank you for your prayers for dementia patients and their extended families.

No comments: